A Life in the Sunshine by Nandanalakshmi M






The great bursts of leaves, its nascent luster 
Along with the embellished blue azure;
It emanates those evocations again and again 
world I always aspired as a permanent fixture.

Those days were never cognate to my dispatched bustles, 
Just something with a life, full of gaieties.
A blistering and blissful summer,
which induces infinite remembrances beyond any bounds.

My grandparents waited impatiently for my arrival
with the whole house and garden being ready and stabilised; 
And when I reached, I saw a flare in those eyes,
Out of an intense serenity when the most awaited guest comes.

We mention summer to be a riot time, or 
An extraordinary daylight savings time
But for me, it was all secured to heal the wounds 
By the occult power of nature for mending minds

I enjoyed those delightfully rich desserts grandma made 
And taught my grandpa those sensational Snapchats!
I had days to restore my childhood with cousins, 
With cat’s cradle, peekaboo and hopscotches.

We explored the tailor-made rituals of the place 
Which are far apart from the life in burghals!
And I was entirely a new girl in ethnic wear, 
diversely transformed from my itinerary past.

And then, those two months came to an end with a farewell, 
to the most splendid summer life I witnessed;
Everything went back, leaving an unadorned ‘goodbye’ 
And a few transitions from moments to memories.

I’m awaited to feel the warmth of the next summer,
But I know;
“Summer will end soon enough and childhood as well.”


-Nandanalakshmi M


Comments

  1. "And when I reached, I saw a flare in those eyes,
    Out of an intense serenity when the most awaited guest comes".

    May we teachers also feel the same in the years to come Nandana with your presence in the department..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u sabu achan๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MIRROR - By Fathima Heena Hasmi

Little Things - By Liya Bobby