A Battle against the Mighty Sea by Anjana S

 


As I read along the column titled 'Castaway' of Times of India published on 27th  October, I had a feeling of awe towards the nine fishermen who spent 55 days adrift in the Bay of Bengal. Their expedition was purely comprised of endurance. It is evident that 'hope' was their ultimate tool for surviving against the mighty sea. 

The most heartbreaking part that is still dwelling in my mind is the death of Babu, the only fisherman who bestowed a ray of hope on his companions every time they broke down. No matter how hard I try, I can't stop comparing this incident with the poem 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' by Coleridge. I keep visualizing Babu as the Albatross who served as a good luck charm to the Mariners when the ray of hope was lost in their lives. But just like the Albatross, he too came across an unfortunate death. However, I am sure that he will always remain alive in the hearts of his colleagues.

After completely reading this article, I was reminded of the saying,' The dawn becomes the darkest before sunrise.' So, never lose hope even amidst the darkest times because a ray of hope will definitely find you one day! 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIRROR - By Fathima Heena Hasmi

Little Things - By Liya Bobby

A Life in the Sunshine by Nandanalakshmi M