The Pink Island- by Fathima Heena Hasmi

 For many people, cities are the only place that they find to be beautiful to spend a vacation. But there is something beyond the city life, the eye opening sights of islands! The first place that comes to my mind when I think about islands is the ‘Pink Island’. I don’t know what the real name of that island is, but I call it as Pink Island. And In have a story to tell behind the pink island. 

During a fine bright summer vacation, me and my friends set out for a journey to Maldives. Everything was fine until the evening. Suddenly, an angry storm hit our ship and the ship collapsed and we all drowned into the ocean. I was in a pink coloured island when I opened my eyes. I was in a total wonder world when I stared around. The first feel I got was the sweet and moist air of the tropical island. I could view and feel gorgeous beaches, crystalline blue water, pink and blue coloured trees and bushes, pearls shining brightly in the white sand sparkling by sunshine, the cool breeze, soothing sound of waves, gorgeous flowers, and cute little starfishes. That aesthetic natural environment was enough for me to never want to leave that place. I was a total stranger and lost there, but I was attracted and immersed in the scenic beauty of that island.

During my walk-in with  nature, I heard cute little murmuring sounds. When I looked around, I saw some cute little creatures which looked like fairies staring at me and murmuring each other. They were only in the size of my palms, wearing cute little outfits and flowers on hair. They had gorgeous glass-like wings on their sides, and their voices were the sweetest ever. When I tried to walk towards them, one among them did something using her fingers and I couldn’t move after that. But still, I tried to narrate the incidents that paved ways to reach that place. And fortunately, they understood my helpless situation and rescued me by reciting some chants. They were all friendly in nature, so we became friends quickly. They took me all around their places, taught me their customs and traditions, narrated their lifestyle to me and asked about mine. But all our communications were through gestures and facial expressions because I couldn’t understand their language nor did they mine. None of them ate food or drank water. But fortunately, they provided all those to me by the help of some chants. I had to sleep in grass during the days that I spent there, because I wasn’t able to narrate how a bed looked like. And they flew towards the sky and slept in the clouds. 

One of the strangest things that I came across was a weird fever. I call it as ‘dancing fever’. When someone is ill with the dancing fever, she will be continuously dancing till the fever wents off. That was one of their biggest fears and challenges of all time. After a few days of good time in the Pink Island, I was able to contact my place and come back to my real normal world. Before I left, they made me promise not to share the incidents that I saw there to anyone and not to come back to their place ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIRROR - By Fathima Heena Hasmi

Little Things - By Liya Bobby

A Life in the Sunshine by Nandanalakshmi M